How to get skip the deception and B.S. And Jump Straight to results.
Who taught you about marketing your business? Chances are you have been misinformed, mislead, deceived even.
Let’s face it. Most business owners follow a process that looks something like this:
- Have an Idea about a product or service.
- Do some research to see if people (like) the idea. MAYBE
- Start producing said product or service.
- Wonder how to sell said product or service.
- A Yellow Pages, Bill Board, Radio Ad, or (insert your first ad rep here), shows up and teaches you all about marketing and why their service is where you need to be.
- You spend money you don’t have from resources outside you business (business isn’t making money yet) on ads you were “SOLD”.
- They get poor or no results. If your lucky they get just enough business in to keep the doors open a little longer.
Here are the problems with this process.
- You have no clue whether the market will “PAY” for your product or service, and for that matter how much they’ll pay.
- That ad representative knows little to nothing about marketing. (They’ll argue that they do til death). If they truly knew how to market, they would likely not be in sales doing a hard sell on you!
- You have forgot the key factor in every business transaction. Being able to answer the REAL question. “Where is the profit in this?”
Let’s face another fact. Your in the marketing business whether you like it or not. If you have a passion for your business it’s likely in the creation of your product or service. You’ve likely spent countless hours perfecting it. But without a consistent customer base, you will quickly become stressed and discouraged about being in business.
So what’s the answer?
My quick rules to understanding marketing that gets results.
There is no right or wrong media, just right or wrong uses of said media.
You must be able to measure results! Branding is for the BIG & DUMB businesses who through money around to see what works and calls everything else branding. Focus on measurable results, track ROI (return on investment)
Create a system! Or you can use mine (It’s very Simple – Research & Plan, Take Action, Measure Results, Improve, REPEAT. )
NEVER LEARN FROM A SALES REPRESENTATIVE! They are biased and can not tell you the truth and feed their families at the same time.
Where to start? How do I get real results?
The best place for most small business to start is to learn Direct Response Marketing and Copy Writing.
Who do I recommend as a starting point for learning to do it yourself?
Author / Speaker / Copy Writer – Dan Kennedy and Bill Glazer
Personally I’m a member of their inner circle group and love the tips, ideas and information they provide every month. I joined through this link https://gkic.infusionsoft.com/go/fgf2/ronaldskelton/ and thought I’d share it with you.
BTW… That is an affiliate link. I pay for their Gold program every month and get great ideas, information and samples from it. If I include a link to a product that I use and they have an affilate program, you can bet I’m using that link… Hey, I’m an entrepreneur not a charity worker…